View Single Post
Old 09-04-16, 11:49 AM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
It was too nice out this AM at 65, but tough NE wind at 15-20, so bagged it at 17, but got 160 in for the week. Trying for a 200 mile week before the years out, will be the first time in decades.
Yes, we slept in, in anticipation of a TROPICAL STORM, egads, and woke up to the most beautiful morning in some time. So we left fairly late from home and did a leisurely 41 to Oyster Bay. It was great.

Passing through B'page St. Pk. we were stopped by a flagman at the point well within the park where the path crosses the road, a stone's throw south of the picnic area parking lots. The lots are being used as a staging area for many utility trucks, in anticipation of this terrible storm. We were informed that because of the trucks in the lot, the "entire park is closed", and that we needed to find an exit. I pointed up the path and told him "there's an exit up that way", and we proceeded all the way to the north exit on Hay Path, which was not blocked. I had wanted to try out my war-movie German on the guy and pretend my Eeeeglisch is limited, but my wife forbade it.

On the way home we passed by the park on Round Swamp and noted that "the entire park is closed" did not include golfers.