Old 09-05-16, 08:05 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked 4,992 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
Is the alignment correct and has this been checked? Did you respace the frame yourself? Was it in fact respaced or was the 11 speed wheel just crammed in there? The point I'm getting to is that frame alignment should be done correctly. It really bugs me when I hear people recommend cramming a 135 or whatever wheel in the wrongly spaced frame, without properly realigning the frame. It is wrong to do this.

It's possible it is an issue of geometry: short wheelbase, steep angles and low rake. I can't measure it with my eyes but it looks kind of like that bike has those qualities. If the bike has that and/or some unfortunate combination of geometry and mass that leads to oscillation, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Proper set up is controllable however. Checking the alignment would eliminate that possibility.

55 or ever faster should be no big deal.
Well the frame was checked and respaced for the build. I still need to check it again to see if something was missed. But I'll also say that with all my various bikes over the years It's pretty obvious that all of them are a bit different on that rear spacing. I doubt that many actually measure a specific 130mm and doubt a mm or two either way really matters but alignment certainly does.

The wheelbase is actually one of the longest when I just compared it against all my road bikes. Yet it's measures as a 54 cm where as some of the others are 56cm. It is steeper than my Giordanas with a seattube angle of 74 and headtube of 73 going by catalog specs.