Old 09-05-16, 03:38 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,997 Times in 1,780 Posts
Well, I weighed my options this morning and decided to head back up the same mountain. But I wound up not taking the Circuit. I've been wanting to do this same climb with the Giordana since putting on the Shamal wheels and decided that was the one to ride today. Great climb up as this bike has always felt good climbing and getting a pound off the wheels made it feel even better. Probably not any faster though with my slow old legs. LOL!

Just thought I'd mention todays ride as a way to explain how the speed experience can be on this mountain. Today the wind was coming up the mountain as I did the main descent and really messing things up. I was getting buffeted around a lot and not able to get anywhere near the speeds I did the other day. Today's max was right under 48 mph and in the area where I hit 55 mph and had the shimmy I was only getting 37 mph and decelerating due to the strong winds. That's just how it goes riding in the mountains out here. Conditions constantly change and it's not always going to be a full on "death defying, warp drive" run back down. It's just really cool when it is!

The view was spectacular today and that's one of the reasons I love riding this route.

This is just a quick snapshot with the cellphone about 1/2 up the mountain.