Old 09-05-16, 04:30 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,847 Times in 610 Posts
Originally Posted by hawleyj
I have that exact bike. I'm not a bike geek but I knew my bike had value and I wanted to get an idea of what it was worth so my son doesn't sell it for $35 on Craigslist when I die. I really hate forums and this is no exception. Instead of making communication easy they all seem to be geared to making things hard or impossible. I wanted to message the poster but first I had to sign up. Ok - that isn't unreasonable. But then I discovered that the "administrator" had established that I couldn't communicate with anyone directly until I had made 10 posts. Sorry to lose my cool but that is just ****ing arrogant....and stupid.
You're obviously in the wrong place.

In any case, simply put the name of the poster you wish to contact down in your message here with @ in front of the word, like @hawleyj and it will notify them that they were mentioned. Who are you wishing to communicate with and for what reason? Dozens of Raleigh Gran Sports are posted in this thread and many people can probably help you answer questions you have about your bike.

There's also a perfect reason that you aren't allowed to make private communications immediately after joining this forum. If that were possible then a spammer who intends to post annoying, harmful or even illegal content would be able to send private messages that could not be investigated or removed by administrators with ease. It's a precaution that helps maintain the safety and respectability of the community.

Last edited by Kilroy1988; 09-05-16 at 04:38 PM.