View Single Post
Old 09-06-16, 07:12 PM
thunderseed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, it's totally normal to get pissed off and just want to get away, that's a normal response to a traumatic accident, and it'll probably happen regardless of how many times you are hit. In fact, the more accidents I have the more of a wuss I become. I used to be really daring, a huge risk taker, longboarding and skateboarding and cycling in dangerous situations, but I've been traumatized and I guess I am also older now, so I am a lot more cautious these days. The last longboarding accident I had turned me off of downhill longboading forever. It was my fault, but I fell into oncoming traffic and they just went around me and no one stopped for a very long time. I had to drag myself bleeding (very injured) to the side of the road and no one cared enough to phone an ambulance. At that point I was like "my faith in humanity is gone".
Well finally someone stopped and I used their phone and caled someone to give me a ride, because I had the most terrible road rash ever, like half my leg muscle had been ripped off. And I knew what they were going to do in the hospital for that and DID NOT want them to touch it lol. (For road rash they literally take a stiff brush and scrape at it to get the gravel out!!! There was no way I was having that done to me on that injury.) So I just got a friend to drive me home. Oh that was painful and im surprised my leg muscle grew back in time.
It's scary when you're in an accident, and of course it's terrible to be injured regardless of how minor those injuries are.
Well, I've done the same thing, but when you're in shock it's hard to think clearly. Then I regret leaving so fast, because I would have liked to talk to the driver to see if they were okay, because can you imagine how scared they must feel after hitting a cyclist. And, you never know, they might offer to pay for any damage on your bike lol.

Last edited by thunderseed; 09-06-16 at 07:21 PM.