Old 09-08-16, 12:21 PM
Fergp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTEI've read conflicting info about whether the DT Swiss 540 tandem hub has an 11-speed compatible Shimano body. Can anyone confirm whether this is correct? I know that it can take a Campagnolo 11-speed body, but that limits cassette range to Campy's new 12-30 11-speed cassette, which is much narrower than what you can get with Shimano 10-speed cassette, so it wouldn't be worth taking a DT Swiss hub if it can only use a Shimano-10 or Campy-11 body. In addition, I'm not a big fan of DT Swiss hubs due to the difficulty involved in disassembling them, but it would be nice to know whether or not it is an option. EDIT: The confusion was caused by DT Swiss listing the hub as being Shimano MTB 9/10/11 speed compatible, which means that's it's a regular Shimano 10-speed body, and so it can take an XTR 11-speed cassette but cannot take any road 11-speed cassettes (except Edco, see below).][/QUOTE]

Are there any other 11 speed cassettes that will work with the my DT 540 hub besides the XTR 11-40? Maybe something a little smaller?