Old 09-12-16, 12:44 AM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by gear64
You are correct in absolute terms, but part of the theme of this thread is perceptions towards cyclists. It's not the fact that he was going slow in general. It's that he used the sidewalk to bypass dozens of cars, then decided he would switch to the street while the sidewalk was still available, causing many cars that otherwise would have made the light to wait another cycle. Maybe the gridlock continued, maybe it didn't, but to folks trying to get home there's hope that things free up some beyond that light. Still a dick move in my opinion. Cyclists want the road, but not the rules. He's fortunate not to have gotten hit by the lead car. From that car's perspective he came from nowhere.
Along with Genec's comment; over the years, I have had motorist illegally pull onto the shoulder on a downhill section to make right hand turns way down the road. They have caused me real delays in my commute, while the cyclist you and other motorist friends are triggered over, caused no actual delays.

If the cyclist was illegally riding on the sidewalk, fine, but if the sidewalk riding was legal, then the motorist should shut up, smarten up and start cycle commuting, using a bicycle to its full legal advantage.