Old 09-13-16, 11:03 AM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xherion
I have never seen a full face helmet on the road. I would imagine it would be uncomfortably hot and you'd really notice the weight on long rides. You'd also probably get a lot of odd stares. But to each his own. I doubt a full face helmet would be that much safer on the road since it's pretty uncommon to crash and hit the lower part of your face.
I do not wear a full face helmet, but I would not be so dismissive as to say that it is uncommon to see crashes impact the lower part of the face.
I have not seen many crashes in person but the last two that I did see resulted in pretty bad facial injuries. Both riders suffered from orbital fractures and one had the fractured cheek bone to go along with it. Both accidents also resulted in pretty bad facial cuts and lacerations.
I freely admit that I have no desire to wear a full face helmet but I would not discount them as not saving some injuries. They would simply be too hot and uncomfortable for me.
OP, to answer your question...Yes it would be different as it is not something that you see often. However, you have to do what you feel provides you with the most comfort.
Likes For Shuffleman: