Old 09-13-16, 06:34 PM
funbikerchick

Bikes: Liv Avail Advanced Pro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qtran414
I have been riding an old heavy mountain bike to work from the mid 90s and looking to buy a hybrid. My LBS has both the 2016 Sirrus Elite Disk on sale for $850 and 2016 Sirrus Elite Carbon for $1200. I am relatively new and wanted to get opinions on do you think its worth the extra money to spring for the Carbon. How much weight does the switch actually net you, what does that typically mean in terms of increased speed, and are there any other benefits to carbon over Aluminum?

I plan to ride this thing to work and on weekend, but have not plans to train for races or do any endurance races or anything. I'm pretty new at this so any info would be great.

I don't do any competition either. I first bought a Sirrus Sport Disc for $650 in July 2015. I thought that was a lot of money and didn't want to spend more on a bike in case I didn't ride it a lot. Well, I just picked up a 2017 Sirrus Sport Carbon Disc for $1220. So, if you are sure you will truly ride a lot, get the Sirrus Comp Carbon for $1200. That is a good price and you will love it. Definitely worth the extra cash for the carbon fiber frame in my opinion.