Old 09-13-16, 06:52 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
I am not as headstrong as it seems I am.
I asked and got very good information. I will take the information you and others gave and move forward.
I have no intention on sending a current junior out to a track with a freewheel bike without paving the way first. I've mentioned a few times - it is complicated. I've managed him a while, and as he still allows it, I'll continue.
I have a track axle for one of my zipp disk. I have a TK2 in the garage (I mentioned he's had many days on the track). So I was primarily looking for options - for pursuit.
Thank you, and sorry if you take my posting wrong.
No need to apologize

Track racing is a very mature sport, especially when it comes to equipment. That's why all of the bikes at the track generally look the same.

This is a pretty sane group here with good (and sometimes conflicting) advice. But, no one is gonna BS you.

Your TK2 is fine (assuming that it fits him). That frame is good enough for him to race at Elites in the US for sure. If he showed up on that no one would look at it twice. They'd spend more time sizing up your son than that aluminum frame.

Here is a great thread on how to go from being a beginner trackie into being an intermediate and advanced racer: http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycl...ack-racer.html