Old 09-15-16, 12:16 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
As you noted and I tried to show - he/we are advanced enough to be focusing on detail. I was not meaning for this to become a track vs road discussion. I acknowledge all those other things between road and track and a bunch of other stuff I don't know about are different. I'm trying to get that setup sooner than later and have parts, and could be loaned parts and could buy parts.

I want to know how the aerobar / drop position would be different than on the road, and why. Mainly what the best setup for pursuit on the track would be. Are there track specific pursuit bars I should look into?

Input on these things and anything else related to aerobars / their position and body/torso due to the bars is appreciated. Things including and not limited to...

Extension types and why - ski poles in a Y to roll solders was suggested and current setup.

Fore/aft pad position as well as height.

Curious if the pelvic angle is more acute or open.
Well, there is only so much useful advice that can be offered from a forum. Basically, a forum can generally get a person from rank beginner into intermediate. After that, you (your son) will need individualized, in-person attention from someone who knows more than you do. Meaning: a Coach.

I mean, we can postulate and debate the pros and cons of it all. But, there is only so much we can do.