T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,048 Times in 1,883 Posts
Originally Posted by CuttersRidge
@T-Mar

Mens CCM Targa 25 inch 10 Speed Road Bicycle Ready to Ride RTR Bike

"Mens CCM Targa 25 inch 10 Speed Road Bicycle Ready to Ride RTR Bike. About a 35 inch Standover. Aluminum Rims. Nice Road bike. See Pictures."
23 more pictures:

Also, a CCM Mixte:

10 speed CCM -female bike

"10 SPEED CCM is a Canadian brand maker/ female bicycle

thilll llride like a dream has a night light for night riding
excellent condition
26 inches ---

Cash $125.00

This bike sell for over $600.00 & more

CALL or E-mail Sorry can't reply text "

I think I read this last night and the message was not garbled as it seems to appear above, I liked that part, "it rides like a dream"
Both bicycles are 1973-1976. The men's model has been upgraded with a cotterless crankset, aluminum rimmed wheels with quick release, an aluminum post and a Turbo saddle. It also has a replacement derailleur. Why they sunk money into a Targa is anybody's guess.

The women's bicycle appears to be stock except for new tape. To suggest that bicycles like this sell for $600 is ludicrous. In my area, these are the bicycles that sit out of the curb for free on re-cycling day. Anybody trying to sell one gets $20-$50 CDN. You can't get anywhere near $600, even in Toronto, which is the highest priced market in Canada. Really nice, fully serviced sample might bring $200 in Toronto.

This was CCM's bottom of the lightweight line model. The frame is hi-tensile steel and most of the OEM components were steel. Original price was $99.95 CDN in 1974. It's interesting seeing CCM in the USA but then, circa 1972, the dealers were screaming for product and would take just about any brand that they could get their hands on. USA dealers could get their hands on CCM because they weren't selling in Canada. USA dealers were marketing them as "The Canadian Schwinn".

Last edited by T-Mar; 09-16-16 at 05:46 AM.