Old 09-16-16, 03:00 PM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougbloch
Sorry for reviving a totally dead thread, but I want to report back on my Robin Hood. After getting it fixed up, I rode it stock for awhile and enjoyed it as a town bike.

Then I took off the fenders, put Schwalbe Delta Cruisers on it, flipped the North Road bars, and replaced the original John Bull brake pads with Kool Stop Continentals. You can see what it looked like.

I also experimented with some Soma Lauterwasser bars and an old Raleigh quill stem I bought off feeBay. I really do like those bars! Very easy to ride upright or lean into them. You can see a pic of them too.

I plan to use the Lauterwasser bars on another path racer project. That will come in a separate thread. Stay tuned!

As for this, I'm probably going to flip the North Roads back up, put the fenders back on, and enjoy this bike for what it was made for.
I like where you are going with the Robin Hood. I tried to turn a Raleigh Sports into a path racer and it just didn't work for me. I replaced the original stem with a GB girder stem from the parts bin and tried that as well, but ended up flipping the bars back to an upright position. Now it feels very comfortable. It has temporary plastic Esge fenders, but tomorrow I hope to buy a parts bike that has aluminum fenders in good condition.

Here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0053.jpg (102.8 KB, 40 views)