Old 09-16-16, 06:25 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by mc9000
While walking through a parking lot during my lunch break, I caught myself mindlessly looking for my "Take a Look" mirror a few times. I missed that ability to get a glimpse behind me without having to turn around.

Anybody else experience something like this with a bike or bike accessory that you've really come to depend on?

Yup, though reluctant to admit it.

BTW, I had gotten through a ride where I work and threw it in my helmet as I was walking through the parking lot. Of course it slipped through the vents and I didn't notice it was missing until the next day. I asked one of our admins if anybody had found anything like it (I didn't know where I lost it). She said she saw something like it in the parking lot. It had been run over flat by a car or truck, but it freaking still worked fine! Some of the gray backing paint had been scraped off, so it would reflect forward too. So I put some tape over it and still use it today after a couple of years.

I had been riding the prairie path with it a year or two earlier in the fall and knocked it off. It took me forever to find it in the leaves and pebbles since where it doesn't reflect back the surroundings, it is about the same color. I eventually found it - maybe 1/2 hour looking.

Ah we have seen a lot of miles together and as you say, it becomes an unnatural second nature,