Old 09-18-16, 05:35 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by mc9000
While walking through a parking lot duringmy lunch break, I caught myself mindlessly looking for my "Take aLook" mirror a few times. I missed that ability to get a glimpse behind me without having to turn around.

Anybody else experience something like this with a bike or bike accessory thatyou've really come to depend on?
I have done that too with my (two) Take –a-Looks.
Just this past week I went out for a ride, after being off the bike for a week, and realized I forgot my mirror. I decided to complete the 12 miles without it but still occasionally glanced upwards looking for the phantom mirror.

Once a local radio talk show host was remote broadcasting outdoors from Fenway Park, the Red Sox baseball stadium. I stopped from my bike ride and as I was facing them, he was chatting with his sidekick and ogling a couple young ladies in short shorts. I got the host's attention, and pointed to my Take-a-Look as I could see the ladies too but less obviously.

Originally Posted by MAK
You're not alone. I also find myself in the supermarket pushing the shopping cart with my hands parallel to the sides of the handle as if I'm "on the hoods".
I have given “finger waves” myself while pushing a shopping cart.