Old 09-21-16, 03:48 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
1 year older

and yet no wiser. The plan was to play r-ball on monday night rest for a couple of days get up early thurs. AM eat a good b-fast and do my 66 mile b-day ride. A good and sensible plan as well befits someone who is older and wiser. Well, I got the r-ball done correctly. (Of course smashing my toes against a door later was unplanned but...)

Tues. morning I went down to my local pub, stopping on the way to grab a cinnamon roll, where I had a couple of cups of strong coffee as a go along. Did I mention I'm sensitive to caffeine? They thought I'd developed Parkinson's.Then it was up to the library where I set up my laptop and started watching some biking videos.

Of course, with the sugar and caffeine, I was twitchy, the weather was beautiful and the forecast less than stellar. So much for plans. I went home taped up my aching toes and rode 67 miles figuring that I could credit the 1 additional mile towards next years ride. I must admit, however, that by the end I was seriously tired and probably short a few ounces of brain matter or liquid I'm unsure as to which. However, it really was a beautiful day so I figure that the fatigue was worth the price of admission. Next year I'll come up with a better plan.