Old 09-23-16, 09:58 AM
FestinaLente

Bikes: Salsa Vaya GX 2017

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which set of clipless pedals to go with

Hi everybody. I'm trying to decide which set of pedals to use on a salsa vaya. I have a set of crank brothers eggbeater 2s and an old set of speedplay x5s which are both pristine along with their cleats. I have an old pair of road shoes in great shape that I can dust off and use with the speedplays but I will need to buy new shoes for the eggbeaters since my mtb shoes are kind of worn out, so cost is a slight issue. The eggbeaters are great for off road riding or having to ride through the slop but the speedplays are easier to clip back into in town when the light goes green and I need to take off. I remember that walking is a pain with the speedplay cleats if I get a flat or a serious problem but I carry spare tubes, a spare cable, basic tools, and a pump when I'm riding. Also I can always keep some cheap flip flops in my rack top bag if I'm running the speedplays.

The bike is used for around town riding, fire roads, rail to trail roads, road riding, and gravel roads so basically it's an all around bike. Anybody have opinions one way or the other?