Old 09-24-16, 03:35 PM
SugarMonkey

Bikes: MTB, hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello!

I have just had my left hip totally replaced on the left (femoral head collapse from avascular necrosis, secondary arthritis). My right also has the avascular necrosis and the femoral head has started to collapse on the inside (I have to stand like Captain Morgan wit my leg up to see it on x-rays). On top of that I've got the same secondary arthritis, though not as bad, but also pincer inpingement going on.

Right now no doctor I've seen wants to do surgery on that hip as they all feel I can wait. My options were wait or I could get a cortisone shot which really doesn't do much anyway so I'll save myself the big needle stick. I've actually progressed to far that arthroscopic surgery won't do anything and it will be another total replacement down the road. (I'm 37 and made it about 11 years from diagnosis to first hip replacement)

I couldn't get on my bike the past two years with two bad hips, but I can now with just the one. I've found the motion of pedaling doesn't hurt, I just have to be careful to not lean far forward for long periods of time as I'll get stuck when the pincer pain hits me.

My surgeon of three joint surgeries is in Illinois so a bit of a drive for you