DougG
Road Runner

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR5, 2013 Specialized Crosstrail, 2020 Specialized Vado 4.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike Tourist
First post. I'm new to Bike Forums. Looks like a lot of categories. I recognized this as one I fall naturally into — I'm 80 — so I'll start here. I ride about 3000 miles/year, down substantially from the 8000 I used to ride in my prime (60s). I no longer use carbon fiber road bikes, although sometimes I wish I had one. My main horse is an ER Gold Rush. This week I've also purchased a Catrike Expedition so my rolling stock is pretty well set to take me into my 90s. I notice this thread seems to exclude riders over 85 (all 17 of them) so what happens on my 85th birthday?

Start a new thread, I suppose.
Well, the official name of the thread is 60-85+, so you'll just become a "plus" member!

As for your comment on the bikes, I'm 70 and just ordered a new carbon road bike -- a just-released Felt VR5 -- and I commented at the time that it would probably be my last bike of that type. I'm still a ways from any radical changes, but I'll admit that some of the new e-bikes are looking intriguing. I could probably ride quite a few more years with a bit of power assist on the tough sections.