jbhowat
@ Checkmate Cycling

Bikes: CAAD 8 - Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EURO
The lucky ones who only been interned for a couple of weeks, maybe. But I think that (often repeated) phrase is extremely insensitive to those people who suffered under the Nazis. Rasmussen is a supremely fit and strong professional athlete at the peak of his game, able to ride a bike for hundreds of miles a day, for weeks on end. People coming out of camps like Belsen and Krakow could barely hold their own weight.

*pictures*

Just because rich westerners are, by a large proportion dangerously overweight, it does not mean that everyone who is on the lower scale of body weight can be compared (without a second thought) to people who have been subjected to a starvation diet for years on end.

That photo of Rasmussen is also rather exaggerated, because the angle and his body position makes him look skinnier than he is.

Does this look like a holocaust survivor?

Think about what you are talking about before you say it.
Euro, you're right. But I'm pretty sure you'll also violating the rules pretty blatantly by posting full-frontal nudity of both males and females. In fact, I'd find those pictures degrading to all Holocaust survivors. It pretty low for a site to be publishing pictures like that. I would have no problem if they had some kind of coverage on (so you could still see how horrible their condition is), but do you really think its right to be showing those women and men fully naked simply because they had no clothes. I'm sure that wasn't their choice. I think its kind of even more degrading and humiliating. Obviously at the time there wasn't much left emotionally in many of them to be degraded, but leave them their dignity. Christ. I don't know what I'm getting at. Take it down or put a NWS link up at the least.