Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Inpd
Hi,

So a guy looks at me whilst I'm filling up my water bottle. He looks at my crotch, then at my saddle, then at my crotch and back at the saddle, then he asked to buy me a drink ...

I just made the last bit up about the drink, but he did point out that my saddle was slightly leaning forward. I have this saddle https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and you can't easily level it with a spirit. So I adjusted it back every so slightly and voila pain is gone.

I guess the extra lean forward was causing me to put a bit too much weight on my hands.
I hope that this works for you. I consider myself a frugal person but there are limits. I do not fit myself to a bike. I always pay for it. I know that there a a ton of people that will say that they can do it, and that is fine. Perhaps they can. My preference is to go into a lbs and pay for a fitting. The $50-$65 is well worth it. I have a great relationship with my lbs. He does not tell me "what I want to hear". He tells me like it is. Sometimes when we buy our own parts and build it, we convince ourselves that we have the right stem or etc.
Core and Fit. Also, stretching. It is important to take care of all of those things. Build your core. It takes 15-30 minutes per day. Get a fit. Stretch before and after you ride. Experts disagree with each other on the benefit of before you exercise but I see no harm in it. I roll on my exercise ball working my hips for about 1-2 minutes in each direction before I ride. After I ride, I stretch for about 15 minutes. Not just hamstrings and calves. Stretch the lower back, shoulders, wrists and etc. It truly helps with many issues.