Old 10-11-16, 09:35 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
??? So, the bicycle bell industry is like the pharmaceutical industry? Really?
You...are having trouble comprehending that they're 2 businesses? That doesn't make any sense.

??? What does this have to do with bicycle bells? Okay... If you have to go to a completely different industry to make your argument, you aren't likely to be very convincing.
I mean feel free to move on to an actual argument rather than just increasing hysteria. Not sure what else to say there, you really didn't add anything.

If it's "not some super secret conspiracy", you should be able to find some sort of evidence for it.

Bike shops are not required to sell bikes with bells.

Wrong. Here's 2 sources from a quick google search -

Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge | road.cc
A requirement for all new bikes to be fitted with a bell before they leave the shop is one of 142 transport-related regulations likely to be scrapped by the Department for Transport (DfT) in response to a ‘Red Tape Challenge’ launched in May.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra..._annoying.html
“I have a bell on my bike. I wouldn’t use it other than to avoid getting a ticket for not having a bell,” said Stehr, referring to the provincial law requiring them.

Last edited by PaulRivers; 10-11-16 at 09:49 PM.