Old 10-12-16, 08:39 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
You...are having trouble comprehending that they're 2 businesses? That doesn't make any sense.

No, that they are completely different businesses means you have to put some effort into show how, exactly, what the Mylan thing has to do with selling bicycle bells.

I mean feel free to move on to an actual argument rather than just increasing hysteria. Not sure what else to say there, you really didn't add anything.
Using the Mylan situation to talk about bicycle bells isn't an argument. It's just bizarre.

Saying there's an industry conspiracy to sell bicycle bells (without any evidence) is "increasing hysteria".

Wrong. Here's 2 sources from a quick google search -

Bikes with bell attached law to be scrapped after DfT Red Tape Challenge | road.cc
A requirement for all new bikes to be fitted with a bell before they leave the shop is one of 142 transport-related regulations likely to be scrapped by the Department for Transport (DfT) in response to a ‘Red Tape Challenge’ launched in May.
One law in England. That's being scrapped.

It appears to be an exception.

It's easy and common for people in the US to buy bikes at shops and not leave with a bell.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra..._annoying.html
“I have a bell on my bike. I wouldn’t use it other than to avoid getting a ticket for not having a bell,” said Stehr, referring to the provincial law requiring them.
This is not describing a law requiring bicycles to be sold with them. There are, as I said, laws that require riders to have them.

Last edited by njkayaker; 10-12-16 at 09:04 AM.