View Single Post
Old 10-12-16, 10:50 AM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I'd pick out sauces based on their fat/calorie content, then cut if possible. So a 4 serving jar of Indian sauce would go into 6 "meal" servings. Stopped using butter and oil basically because of counting. Rounded up, like I'd never use 2 Tbsp of peanut butter, even 1 Tbsp is a lot (tried it). I'd put less than a Tbsp and log a Tbsp.

Like you said you start getting a good idea of what is what.

Also like @Homebrew1 I would have 1 day where I was at or above target then 4-5 days where I was below.

I only counted calories and tried to keep fat low (15g/meal or less). I haven't dieted and tried to keep carbs low.
low fat and low carb?

in my experience with myself and others, going low carb -- for cyclists -- needs to be approached with caution. nutrition timing (or maybe more appropriately 'nutrition matching') w/r/t intensity of training is super important. guess it is not so important for general weight loss, but if someone wants to perform, even in base, nutrition timing is a thing.

low carb often results in weight loss for folks because, well, so much of what is available in a typical american diet is carbs, so low/no carbs cuts out a ton of possibilities.

~0.5g/kg is pretty damn low, too!

no wonder you dropped a bunch of weight during that time!