Old 10-12-16, 01:54 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Yup, I ride completely out of control for the last 40 years and by luck I've only had two accidents but none involved peds...
Good for you. This doesn't tell me though how many peds almost turned and walked into you because you didn't warn them. Not to mention that no one keeps track of how many close calls "they" have when on a path ( regardless of who would of been at fault ). I have close calls with people on paths myself and that's when I give warnings and try to ride safely. I don't keep track of those myself I just know they happen. Anyway, point I'm making is that you aren't going to know what almost happened to someone else because you didn't warn someone that you passed. I can't speak for others but when I ride I try my best not to piss people off by sneaking up behind them. It's just not the polite thing to do but that's just my take on it. ( I should also mention here that some of the times I give warnings that many of the people thank me for doing such. Nice to know that being polite sometimes has some positive feedback )