dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tommyrod74
I have kind of a nuanced view on this.

I do better, personally, if I eat 3 times a day (this is assuming no training that day; if so, I aim for 60-90b carb/hr). I find 5-6 meals a day to be a chore, and most clients don't have time for it.

I try to have all clients not eat for at least 12 hours in a row out of 24. The easiest way to do it is to have dinner early and then not snack until breakfast at least 12 hours later. Some go longer; I've gone as long as 16-18 hours with no ill effects. I eat as many calories as usual per day in this case.

If you mean eating once daily, I think that's tough to do and train as well.

I've read a bit WRT minimal calorie intake, minimal activity, and life extension/longevity, but IMO the quality of life tradeoffs would be a nonstarter for anyone I know.
This is interesting. I think I find it easier for me to eat dinner really late, wake up, do my morning ride, then eat. Otherwise I have a bunch of trouble not snacking before bed. But this sounds similar to what I tend to do.

I wasn't necessarily referring to calorie restriction / minimal eating as a lifestyle choice, that is something I just would never voluntarily do (I like food WAAYYYY too much). But I do find that kickstarting a diet with some heavy calorie restriction helps me personally since it gets me used to being hungry.