Old 10-12-16, 06:41 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
Good for you. This doesn't tell me though how many peds almost turned and walked into you because you didn't warn them. Not to mention that no one keeps track of how many close calls "they" have when on a path ( regardless of who would of been at fault ). I have close calls with people on paths myself and that's when I give warnings and try to ride safely. I don't keep track of those myself I just know they happen. Anyway, point I'm making is that you aren't going to know what almost happened to someone else because you didn't warn someone that you passed. I can't speak for others but when I ride I try my best not to piss people off by sneaking up behind them. It's just not the polite thing to do but that's just my take on it. ( I should also mention here that some of the times I give warnings that many of the people thank me for doing such. Nice to know that being polite sometimes has some positive feedback )
you won't give up will you? I've had NONE, not nun, but NONE, ever! Why is that you scream, or perhaps you're screaming impossible, not at all. Besides I always look for a way out, there's always grass I can ride onto should someone get too close for comfort. See, I ride fully aware of my surroundings and thus plan escape routes when necessary. My biggest conflict on bike paths have been with cyclists coming toward me who can't maintain their lane and I've had to take an escape route to avoid a collision.