Old 10-13-16, 12:04 AM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker

No, that they are completely different businesses means you have to put some effort into show how, exactly, what the Mylan thing has to do with selling bicycle bells.

Using the Mylan situation to talk about bicycle bells isn't an argument. It's just bizarre.

Saying there's an industry conspiracy to sell bicycle bells (without any evidence) is "increasing hysteria".

One law in England. That's being scrapped.

It appears to be an exception.

It's easy and common for people in the US to buy bikes at shops and not leave with a bell.

This is not describing a law requiring bicycles to be sold with them. There are, as I said, laws that require riders to have them.
Are we just going to compete on who can be the most pendantic and hysterical? I mean if you want to, here's a great post describing how I feel about your posts -

Brain-Dead Teen, Only Capable Of Rolling Eyes And Texting, To Be Euthanized
Brain-Dead Teen, Only Capable Of Rolling Eyes And Texting, To Be Euthanized - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

You've done nothing but empty eye rolling, then loudly declaring that no bike shops were required to sell bikes with bells - which you obviously had no idea what you were talking about, because in 60 seconds with google I was able to find links contradicting your claim. Not to mention the previous poster(s?) in the thread that said they lived somewhere where it was required.

1. Paid lobbyists and campaign contributions are not even illegal. They also buys ads and hire PR people to convince the general public that it's a good idea. The epi-pen company did it, and they're screwing over people who could actually die without their product. With bells we're just talking about a small cost.

2. Behind the scenes payouts and bribes also happen, but I'm not even talking about those. I'm talking about the things that are legal and commonly done to get laws passed that benefit them.

3. If you run across a seemingly bizarre law mandating that something additional must be purchased or used, there's a good chance the bizarreness is because some company that sells those products lobbied for laws to be passed requiring them. "good chance" is not 100%, but it's a good chance.

I'm not sure what your beef is with trying to get angry at people talking about how politics and business and lobbying work, and pretend I guess that all politicians are upstanding people of great moral character (riiiiight), but if there's a seemingly senseless law that says that bikes legally have to be sold with bells, there's a good chance that some business contributed money somewhere to help make that happen. I don't even have to get into shady illegal arrangements - which also happen.