Old 10-13-16, 01:00 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
...There's no need to argue this point. There are many people who are very concerned about what MAY happen, and focused on the multitude of POSSIBLE negative outcomes. ...
Absolutely correct. That's why there are standards of safety for almost every conceivable activity. I'm just quietly and politely trying to say that there are good reasons for following the cycling protocols when riding on a MUP. I realize that people are not always going to follow rules. I was just endeavoring to show why it is important. I think I did that so I'll let it go at that.

Keep in mind people come on forum all the time and argue over following rules. I'm sure there are people who could come on here and say, "...I've been riding for 40 yrs....I ride against traffic...I never wear a helmet...I use no lights or reflectors on my bike and I've never caused an accident or had one...I ride through intersections regardless of whether the light is red or not"....etc, etc. Yep, some people you can't reach because they are just going to do it "their way" and then beat their chest and justify their actions based on their own history. Now the person who does all those things I just mentioned doesn't care what other people think who see them breaking all the rules because they are just going to do it their way because it's just what they want to do. Mr. rekmeyata, I'm not saying you are one of those or are irresponsible. When you said you didn't give warnings I though you meant you did that all the time. I now read that you "sometimes" give warnings. Okay, didn't say that before or I missed it. This shows me you have concern for others and that's good enough for me. Keep in mind there are people who post here who don't give a hoot about others and I was responding as though you might have been one of them. Sorry if I misjudged you.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 10-13-16 at 01:06 PM.