Old 10-17-16, 06:11 AM
hiller

Bikes: Schwinn Median, Marin Fairfax SC-6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyO
I've been lurking here off and on and finally made a few posts so I guess I'm obligated to do the "Intro" thing. I'm a 62 Y.O. male currently in year 41 of a life sentence W/O parole (my wife never reads forums ).

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Been taking at a minimum some type of multivitamin forever, but as I’ve learned more about nutrition and health I’ve added more supplements (D, B-complex, Curcumin, Fish Oil, occasional extra “C”, off and on with Glucosamine Chondroitin, and Magnesium).

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.

Recently – and for the foreseeable future I’ll probably be riding 3 or 4 times a week at most. Typically 2 or 3 short rides (5 to 7 miles) per week and one longer ride (15-20 miles) on a weekend. Babysitting grandkids 3 days a week, a full time job, taking care of life's necessities, and another hobby does not leave me with significant cycling time.

Hey, Randy. Welcome to the forums. Are you in the US? I wonder because I never heard of either of the bike makes you mentioned. Sounds like you're doing a fair amount of biking considering your circumstances. It helps if you're in a warm climate, too. It's Fall here in NJ and soon it'll be too cold to enjoy anything outdoors, at least for me.
I'm curious about the supplements you take. I know a lot of people take them. Can you tell the difference? Is there a big change in your health or energy, do you think? Regards, Ron (Hiller)