View Single Post
Old 10-21-16, 05:00 AM
migrantwing

Bikes: '07 Carrera TDF / 2011 Ghost Race Actinum 5000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Try some new bearings from manufacturers SKF, F.A.G or INA. Pricey, (around $15 per bearing) but better than OEM bearings. Look at the bearings you have in your BB at the moment for the bearing code number, I believe they are 6806 bearings, but don't quote me on that. Enduro bearings are OK, but bike specific so you're paying more for the name and the voodoo. I believe Enduro bearings are actually EZO bearings, a good Japanese company, but just slap their own name brand on them...but don't quote me on that, either. The one good thing about Enduro bearings is that they use Labryinth seals on some, if not all of their bearings. This is a 'double' protection to stop water ingress and contamination. Other manufacturers may do the same. Look into it. The seals are probably the most important part of bearings for bicycles.

Alternatively, just buy cheaper bearings and service or replace them more frequently. The difference between the 'best' bearings and cheaper bearings is the tolerances and materials used. It may not even matter in a BB30, a Formula One car, yes.

Last edited by migrantwing; 10-21-16 at 06:01 AM.