View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 02:23 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
My (clarified) point is that no one posting here can say that they have seen a red light scofflaw receive their comeuppance. I was specifically talking about this thread, so far, but I could pull back and take in a wider spread of A&S and Commuting forum threads over time, and for all the talk about how dangerous red light running is supposed to be I have yet to read a single eyewitness account of a fatality or serious injury because of it. OTOH there are endless first, second and third person accounts of serious injuries, and worse, of cyclists that were "following the law". Seems obvious to this writer as to how I should comport myself when among the caged ones. Banzai!!
When I lived in Toronto, Canada I saw a number of red light/stop sign running bicyclists get hit. i saw a LOT more auto accidents those scofflaw bicyclists caused as cars tried to avoid hitting them. 99% of the time the bicyclist causing the accident took off.

Running red lights/stop signs can be dangerous to all road users. I'm talking about those idiot bicyclists who don't even bother to slow down at red lights/stop signs but just blow through in the hope that everyone else will yield to them.

Cheers