View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 03:40 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
...If he made you smack your brakes - shame on him. If you didn't have to do anything at all - how did this hurt you??.
You were way too easy on him. I don't expect to get the truth from people who get worked up about stuff like this. I also find it difficult to find credible anyone who really thinks that there are cyclists who maliciously fly through intersections at speed , expecting cross traffic to react in a way that ensures their safety. That crap only happens in action movies and it takes several takes before they get something they can put in theaters. In real life if you sail at random into an intersection against the light in areas built up enough to need controlled intersections, you will be killed. If, however, you have made a note of the progress of cross traffic towards the intersection and plotted their arrival at same against your own, you have excellent chances of making it across with no disruption to the orderly flow of vehicle traffic. Why this needs to be said, I don't know. This need that some Americans have to control the behavior of others by shaming, by blackmail, and if those fail, by violence or even murder is distressing.