View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 04:58 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
You were way too easy on him. I don't expect to get the truth from people who get worked up about stuff like this. I also find it difficult to find credible anyone who really thinks that there are cyclists who maliciously fly through intersections at speed , expecting cross traffic to react in a way that ensures their safety. That crap only happens in action movies and it takes several takes before they get something they can put in theaters. In real life if you sail at random into an intersection against the light in areas built up enough to need controlled intersections, you will be killed. If, however, you have made a note of the progress of cross traffic towards the intersection and plotted their arrival at same against your own, you have excellent chances of making it across with no disruption to the orderly flow of vehicle traffic. Why this needs to be said, I don't know. This need that some Americans have to control the behavior of others by shaming, by blackmail, and if those fail, by violence or even murder is distressing.
Go int the business sections of Toronto, Canada and watch a) the bicycle messengers and b) the don't know what they're doing bicycle commuters and you'll see many of them at riding speed whilst running red lights and/or stop signs. That crap does NOT only happen in movies.

Cheers