View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 07:17 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Go int the business sections of Toronto, Canada and watch a) the bicycle messengers and b) the don't know what they're doing bicycle commuters and you'll see many of them at riding speed whilst running red lights and/or stop signs. That crap does NOT only happen in movies.

Cheers
I don't think @Leisesturm meant it NEVER happens as related to real life cyclists running red lights. I took it to mean that - like in a chase scene in a movie - when the stunt drivers are running red light after red light at speed without any regard to the wants, needs, or safety of crossing traffic - THIS would be impossible if not perfectly scripted, timed, directed, and implemented by trained pro drivers. The very thing that many people right here on BF claims cyclists are doing - "blowing" through red lights without a care in the world, and without looking, only could happen in a movie. Cyclists who would do such a thing in real life would be killed the first week, and I am sure some of them do meet that fate.

The vast majority of the rest of us know what we are doing and aren't afraid to go when there is no chance of affecting other road users - other than damaging their tender sensibilities - which, obviously, we don't really care about.