View Single Post
Old 10-25-16, 11:16 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
Have you ever been honked at from behind because the light just turned green? Those are the type of people would have flattened that cyclist.

Just because risky action has not yet resulted in negative results does not mean that the risk is diminished. A lot of drunk drivers and texters use that kind of logic to justify how good their driving is as they continue doing those things.
When a light turns green I wait a second or two before entering the intersection - just in case a red-light runner is there too. A number of times that extra second or two has saved me because indeed there was a red-light runner there.

Ditto for stop signs. I come to a stop and check all ways before going into the intersectio with my fingers on the brake levers just in case a stop sign runner is coming. A lot of red light or stop sign intersections don't have good sight-lines but in many cases that does not stop the red light or stop sign runners. Again, I'm talking about the ones who blow through without slowing down.

Cheers