Old 10-25-16, 01:49 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11015 Post(s)
Liked 7,560 Times in 4,220 Posts
Norco cancelled their touring bike called the Cabot? Thats lame. Maybe you could find access to one of last year's models? Regardless, the Masi Giramondo is a fantastic looking bike. Really cool spec list that should be more than capable of hauling you and your crap all over the map. The only potential issue is the handlebars. I have that style on my gravel bike and love them, but the flare is too much for some. If you dont like that, its $50 for good quality alternatives.

I have some ALPS products and love them. Alps sleep pad, inflatable fill pillow, and a compression dry bag from them which are all solid and have been durable for many short tours and short camping trips.

A 1 person tent, while compact and light, might not provide enough comfort and room. I use a 2 person as I am tall and even then, use it at an angle. The bit of room in the tent for gear or in the vestibules is really nice. Just something to keep in mind. 2 person tents arent actually for 2 adults. My 2 kids can use a 2 person tent, but thats about it.

Just a couple of things that stuck out from your post I wanted to comment on. Really good to see you are wanting to do some overnights and practice rides before taking off. That will help you understand how to pack(for total weight and balance) and develop a system for carrying your gear.