View Single Post
Old 10-26-16, 02:29 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4838 Post(s)
Liked 3,967 Times in 2,577 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Oh Dear God, please, not another red light scofflaw shaming thread. Must I point out the obvious, that in no post thus far has a red light runner been killed or even injured! The majority of red light runners manage the issue of their safety and longevity a darn sight better than the mass of conformists that get t-boned, doored, right hooked, and other manners of roadway mischief. Get off my pip and sell salvation to the self-righteous toadies that need it.
Stop sign, not a red light. Organized ride that was very well run. 5 miles form the finish a rider ran the stop sign on the side street of the route and was tagged and tossed 25' by a car that had been traveling 50, the speed limit of the street were were crossing. I watched this as I approached that intersection. The rider was extremely lucky that the driver did a superb job shutting her speed down so the rider almost made it. I'm guessing just a few broken bones.

Sorry, Leisesturm, it took me several days to recall this.

Ben