View Single Post
Old 10-26-16, 02:30 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 526 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
Look both ways before you cross the street. If you can't see...you can't go. - A motto to live by, scofflaw or not.

I will confess what will likely kill me. My Kryptonite so to speak: If I am running a red light on a larger cross street and a parallel parked car on the opposite side of the intersection shoots out of his/her parking spot into the gap I plan on hitting. If anything gets me, it will be this scenario. I always look into those parked cars but with tinted glass these days, maybe I will miss one some day.

Other that ^this, I can not imagine a scenario where a car hits me while I am running a red light - unless it fell from a military transport airplane.
A couple of times this fall I have been about to turn left in a gap in the flow of cars towards me. It's dark, its raining, its Portland, suddenly I realize that what I thought was a gap is really some #&$%! running lights out! That's the scenario that wakes me up some nights. That I will roll out of my track stand into some lights out cager speeding through the stale yellow, or worse, blowing the red.