Old 10-27-16, 03:00 PM
rustystrings61 

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,396 Times in 694 Posts
FS: Flip-Flop Fixed/Free wheelset w used tires, etc.

I built these wheels for a project that never came together - if you're reading this, you've probably experienced that, too. These are brand new Sun M13II polished alloy 700C rims I laced to a gently used IRO (Formula, really) sealed bearing flip-flop fixed/free hub for the rear; for the front, I replaced a tubular rim attached an unmarked but buttery, insanely smooth low-flange q/r hub, which I believe is a sealed bearing unit, possibly a SunTour. These are NICE feeling wheels, smooth, and great for a commuter bike, a fixed-gear or single-speed conversion, etc. The front wheel comes with a good, serviceable skewer. You also get cloth rim strips and used but serviceable Presta-valve tubes inflating used but still serviceable Continental Sport 1000 700Cx28mm tires - AND a well used but still has some life in it 17T Euro-Asia 3/32" cog. No lockring, though. Pop one of those on, or thread on your own freewheel on the other side, and get that project off the hook and onto the road!

Price reduced to $100 shipped in the U.S.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by rustystrings61; 11-03-16 at 09:10 AM. Reason: price reduction