View Single Post
Old 10-28-16, 03:39 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
A very long time ago I learned to look at vehicles approaching stop signs on the road they are traveling along even when the road I'm traveling on that crosses their road has no stops sign at the intersection thus giving me the right of way. Far too many times the driver or bicyclist approaching their stop sign drives/rides right past it into the intersection. With the increase in distracted/uncaring drivers/bicyclists I'm seeing this happening more often.

Reminds me of the joke where a passenger in a car is scared to death because the driver blows through red lights all the time because the driver's brother does it all the time. However when the driver cameto a green light he slammed on the brakes because as he explained to his perplexed passenger - the driver's brother might be coming along the cross road.

The problem with stop sign and/or red light runners is that they often run either where the sight line for them is just not that good. With electric vehicles the risks of relying on hearing to tell if something is coming your way is much greater as electric vehicles are very nearly silent.

Red light runners, stop sign runners and wrong-direction riders are a hazard to all not just to themselves.

Cheers