Old 10-28-16, 11:06 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,587 Times in 1,434 Posts
Originally Posted by Kindaslow
I love bikes and biking.I say hello on a regular basis. I used to be highly active here, then saw too much negativity. I truly cannot imagine what is wrong with a hello. Whether the person is happy or angry because I say hello is their choice. This is truly a first world problem!
I haven't read every post, but I don't think anyone here is saying there's anything wrong with greeting people.

However the OP said he's making it a point to continue until he gets a response, and that's what I and others are responding to. At some point friendly greetings cross a line to something negative if one persists in the face of no response.

I have no idea where that line is, but persisting until you get a response, could very well produce a response other than the one desired.

As I posted early on, I tend to greet folks along the way, but I'm not invested in whether they respond in kind or not. That remains their choice, and my greeting doesn't somehow throw an obligation onto anyone else.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.