Old 10-29-16, 08:47 AM
Kindaslow

Bikes: SWorks Stumpy, Haibike Xduro RX, Crave SS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
I haven't read every post, but I don't think anyone here is saying there's anything wrong with greeting people.

However the OP said he's making it a point to continue until he gets a response, and that's what I and others are responding to. At some point friendly greetings cross a line to something negative if one persists in the face of no response.

I have no idea where that line is, but persisting until you get a response, could very well produce a response other than the one desired.

As I posted early on, I tend to greet folks along the way, but I'm not invested in whether they respond in kind or not. That remains their choice, and my greeting doesn't somehow throw an obligation onto anyone else.
I believe you missed a few posts.

Also, a bunch of folks talking about it being creepy. I am sure some folks are creepy, but why is our society at a point in which so many folks go to something like "creepy" for something like saying hello. What ever happened to assuming good intent. Some folks have been programmed to have fears and paranoia where it does not have a basis.