Old 10-31-16, 10:18 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by lightspree
Not quite sure exactly how this was set up. Could you expand or detail it a bit?
I assume you know what two sided velcro is, it has the loop stuff on one side and the hooks on the other.

I cut a rubber strip long enough to wrap around the tube about 3 or 3.5 times. When I started to wrap it, I put tension on the rubber so that it would grip the tubing well, when I had about a half to three quarter of a wrap of rubber left, I then overlapped that with starting to put the two sided velcro over it. I am sure this is not very clear, but I do not have a good photo so to show. The suggestions above for tape are good too, but I tried velcro because I wanted something that I could easily remove and put on later and tape is not as easy to remove. You might want to try it with tape on the innertube rubber strips, and if that works well for you then use that.

I first tried just electrical tape, but when I took the tape off the frame, some of the clear coat that had been put on over the paint stuck to the electrical tape instead.

My bag did not have a strap that goes on the downtube, I added one, see second photo but as I noted above this is not really that good of a photo to show this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20IMGP1551.jpg (100.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg
CRIMGP1550.jpg (88.7 KB, 58 views)