Old 11-02-16, 11:53 AM
mtseymour

Bikes: 2022 Calfee Tetra, 2023 Giant TCR

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lorenzo
Given our front shifts well enough, our rear does not, and I want to keep my 130 GI top end (53x11) and 19 GI bottom (26x36), a manual front and DI2 XT rear seemed like a simple course of action. Assuming it works, it gives me what I want now with the potential to go all electronic if your brilliant hacks become mainstream.

Plus I'm a cheap so and so and if I can get away without buying a DI2 front derailleur for now... ;-)
If you want prefer a mechanical front derailleur (for triple road crank), it's better to go with Ultegra Di2 rear derailleur. The RD-6870 derailleur can handle a 36T cassette (w Wolftooth Roadlink), and the matching ST-6870 shifter (R) is more ergonomic than adding a XT rear shifter. Ultegra Di2 components are also easier to find on eBay than Di2 XT or Di2 XTR parts.

There's only one eTube wire from the front Junction A to the rear Junction B. If your frame and BB can handle internal routing, the TL-EW02 E tool can easily disconnect and re-connect the wire in the boom tube. The trick is to get the wire pass the front and rear BB shell (usually via slots or holes).