Thread: Di2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-16, 04:13 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lorenzo
Good to know Ultegra RD can handle a 36T Cassette. I was thinking we would use Ultegra shifters regardless as I thought I read here they would shift XT and XTR. Moot I guess if the Ultegra RD will work and components being easier to find is important;-)

There's no room in the eccentric shell for wiring AFAIK. How feasible is it to run the wiring using the guides for the existing RD cables? (apologies if the question shows a startling ignorance of how DI2 works and what is required to install it;-)
it is pretty easy to route around a number of eccentrics and if not with your existing it is an easy swap for eccentrics on most tandems. I use a bushnell featherweight and there is more then adequate room you just have to be careful when removing or installing to not pinch the wire. the di2 wire is only 2mm thick and the ends are only about 3.5 thick and use a 6mm hole if you want to use a Shimano grommet. I usually cut the holes smaller and you can still use the grommets and they come in two shapes. I have routed the wires internally on a number of bikes that were not DI2 ready and the tandems are not really any different save you need longer wire runs.