Old 11-05-16, 06:09 PM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Parts are coming in. Everything except the 130BCD BBS02 spider adapter and 118T Gates Carbon Belt have arrived.

Gates goodies: 50T 130BCD Gates front sprocket, 28T Gates rear cog, Origin-8 cassette single speed spacer kit and a 42T Lekkie Bling Ring for size comparison.

Mounted the 28T Gates rear cog up in what is probably its' ideal location using both large support spacers to show how nice it looks this way. Only one additional spacer is need in this configuration (thin red one on the inside).

Then I mounted the rear cog as far out on the cassette as it will go with the cog offset to the outside and mounted it up. This is the key measurement that can be used to calculate if belt alignment can be achieved. The 28T Gates cog centerline is 10mm inward from the right side of the 135mm rear frame.

Here's a top view of the belt line just for perspective.

I don't have a BBS02 here yet to measure the front Gates 50T belt centerline from the edge or centerline of the bottom bracket yet, but I'll do some quick calculations from schematics of the BBS02 and the CS-RK3 and post them up.