View Single Post
Old 11-07-16, 08:33 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
It's good to see you folks getting out. We've gotten a bit of riding in. Took the tandem out for 39.7 miles on Saturday (which isn't today despite the title of this thread. ). Haven't had much time to process and post pics but here is one.

I managed to ride to work once last week. Stuff gets in the way. On the return as I was passing by a school yard only about 1/4 mile from home I saw a guy perhaps 12 or 13 y.o. cross the road carrying a lacrosse stick. He called back to some friends "Javier, I lost the ball." It must have bounced across the road into the accumulated leaves. Dusk had fallen and he was never going to find it in the rapidly diminishing light. So I turned around and asked him "Did you lose a lacrosse ball?" (Obvious question, I know, but it was an introduction of sorts.) He said "Yeah", so I asked "Would some light help?" Well, my bike has a 650 lumens headlight, after all. Of course he said "Yeah, thanks", so I pointed the light at the far side of the road. About 2 seconds later he exclaimed "Ah! There it is!" "I said "Grreat", he said "Thanks a lot", and I said "Glad to help." Then I finished the ride home with the smug knowledge that I'd helped out in some small way. It was nice to see him carrying a lacrosse stick instead of something more sinister.

Last edited by jimmuller; 11-07-16 at 08:43 AM.