View Single Post
Old 12-12-05, 09:03 PM
AD-SLE

Bikes: Too many.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Seems like there are some new posters which always makes for interesting reading. Last post I was happy to make it home after a broken spoke. Perfect timing as I had business travel the remainder of the week and temps went to the teens in Memphis. Over the weekend trued up the trusty rear wheel. Jumped on this am about 38F. I was slow as molasses and my odometer failed to work. Low energy and after 7 days off I was a limp slug! Wheel twanged a bit with a full load w/ laptop et al. Post 10 miles, all was well.

Coming home I had a first. 4 way stop...3 bikes all heading into the intersection! WOW! In Memphis no less. Seems to be recreational riders with iPod and glam clothing. I powered through first as it looked like they were trying to figure out what to do. Nice to see so many two wheeled friends. Much more punch on way home less laptop!

Lesson learned, rotate those tires! When truing my rear over the weekend I noticed I nearly threaded my rear tire and contrary to Sheldon's advice I put it up front. Had I done that 500 miles ago I could have squeezed more life out of them. Guess I will buy some new rubber for 2006.