View Single Post
Old 11-08-16, 10:48 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Rode the Rawland out to Depot Park this evening, ignoring the various pings, plinks, and plonks that the news apps on the Pocket Devil used to try to distract me with election returns. Lovely night, temperatures falling through the 40s and flirting with the 30s in the cold spots, a bright gibbous moon lighting the way.

There's a shadow here; depending on the color gamut of your display, you may or may not be able to see it.

A couple of cars were parked on the Minuteman near the driveway of the Little House In The Woods. I supposed they were there to watch the election on the toob, but they were gone by the time I returned.

Lexington Center isn't the Emerald City, but it'll do for a bright spot on a dark night.

Reached Depot Park, and was delighted to discover that the bog was still open. Refreshed, I paid my respects to the Buddliner.

Rolled back home, admiring the moon over Tophet Swamp. Mars was up there too, sullen red and war-ominous, near zenith.

Arlington's Great Meadow was cold, damp, and foggy. Near Brattle Street, Arlington, I saw a cyclist fall, possibly misjudging the trail's edge. "You ok?" "I'm good." Another cyclist, who seemed to be riding with him, was looking after him, so I continued.

That bit of excitement notwithstanding, the overall tenor of the ride was peaceful, a rolling meditation. Good to have banked a little calm this way on an otherwise bizarre night.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 11-09-16 at 09:12 AM.